NNHN's One Year Anniversary: Day 6 - Our Mission Going Forward
We hope you found our ONE YEAR series of videos and posts inspiring and a call to action. I myself find inspiration in the many organizations and individuals who are constantly coming forward with creative ways to help neighbors in a time of need. One small way I have been able to contribute to this effort is by writing weekly e-mails and Facebook posts.
As we commemorate the past year and look forward to the next, our focus at Newton Neighbors is to formalize our structure. Defining our mission was our first crucial step, and we have developed the following statement:
Our mission is to facilitate community connection, mutual aid and access to resources and supports for all people who live, work, pray, play and/or learn in Newton, MA, and other local communities.
BUILDING FORWARD: VOLUNTEER HELP NEEDED As we build forward, we are looking for help in the following areas. If you have expertise in any of these areas and would like to get involved, please contact us at email@example.com.
1. TRANSLATORS IN SPANISH, RUSSIAN AND CHINESE We are most effective when we can speak directly to community members in their language. Your skills would be requested primarily for translating forms, newsletters and other types of communication.
2. JOIN OUR COMMUNITY ADVISORY GROUP We want to expand our impact through diverse input and seek members of our community to advise our planning and action.
3. EXPERIENCED BOOKKEEPER We need assistance setting up our QuickBooks systems.
4. WEB DEVELOPER/DESIGNER If you have web design and/or developer skills, we could use help with the technical backend and overall design and feel of our website.
5. FREEDGE CAPTAIN Newton Neighbors will staff the free community Freedge in Nonantum two days a month (it’s up and running now!). We seek a “Freedge Captain” who will manage monthly volunteer recruitment and assignments.
THANK YOU FOR HELPING US ACHIEVE OUR MISSION!
If you would like to make a tax-deductible donation to Newton Neighbors, we accept them through our fiscal sponsor. Please send a check payable to: Newton Community Pride 1294 Centre Street, Newton 02459 (Write Newton Neighbors in the memo line)